Baby Swallowed Hand Sanitizer
19 2012 36 years experience in ent head neck surgery swallow hand sanitiz.
Baby swallowed hand sanitizer. Robert knox university of louisville school of medicine answered nov. Hand sanitizer gels and wipes include a surprising amount of alcohol e g purell and germ x contain 62 ethyl alcohol and a child who swallowed enough of such products could experience what 2. Use just a pea size amount and rub your child s hands until they re completely dry so he doesn t try to lick or swallow any gel then store the bottle safely out of reach. Shy baby instant antibacterial hand sanitizer gel kids disposable hand sanitizer rinse free hand soap gel for children efficient sterilization soft and non irritating travel outfit more buying choices 6 99 1 new offer chirpa 100ml portable hand sanitizer travel size botanical antibacterial foaming hand sanitizer protects from germs no rinse foam hand soap 50ml 5 97 5.
If hand sanitizer is swallowed or splashed in eyes contact the texas poison center network at 1 800 222 1222 for advice. A 3 year old girl had the 16 oz pump dispenser bottle of hand sanitizer containing 68 alcohol in her hands. Hand sanitizers come in brightly colored bottles can be laced with glitter and smell like bubble gum lemonade and vanilla packaging that makes them very tempting to young children. Apply a dime sized amount to dry hands.
The child didn t remove the pump attachment and had only about a minute to swallow anything. The poison control center likely will ask your husband to read the label of the bottle and they will tell him if the alcohol is poisonous or not some kinds of alcohol are. Her mom called poison control concerned that she may have swallowed some. Read the label for ingredients.
What should i do if i accidentally swallowed hand sanitizer. She had squirted it on her hands face clothing and hair. Generally hand sanitizer contains scents and alcohol. Hand sanitizer is usually alcohol and water and fragrances.
Washing with soap and water is best but most alcohol based sanitizers are fine to use on young children as long as you handle them with care. Call you local poison control hotline. Hand sanitizers don t kill all germs plus they can cause the germs to become resistant but if you re letting your kid use hand sanitizer or have some lying around the house be extra. I d agree that the kid would be drunk if he consumed enough alcohol.
Also avoid buying large containers of sanitizer.
- How To Make Slime With Hand Sanitizer
- How To Make Labels For Hand Sanitizer
- How To Remove Ink Stains With Hand Sanitizer
- How To Make Homemade Hand Sanitizer Without Aloe Vera
- How To Make Natural Homemade Hand Sanitizer F
- How To Open A Hand Sanitizer Dispenser
- How To Make Natural Homemade Hand Sanitizer 1
- How To Make Slime Hand Sanitizer
- How To Test Hand Sanitizer
- How To Make Natural Homemade Hand Sanitizer
- How To Use Lifebuoy Hand Sanitizer
- How To Open Hand Sanitizer Pump
- How To Make Slime With Hand Sanitizer No Glue Or Borax
- How To Make Natural Homemade Hand Sanitizer 3
- How To Use Hand Sanitizer
- How Toxic Is Hand Sanitizer
- How To Make Slime With Hand Sanitizer Ingredients
- How To Manufacture Hand Sanitizer
- How To Open Bath And Body Works Hand Sanitizer Pump
- Hsn Code For Hand Sanitizer